Kickboxing is one of the best workouts that you can do for yourself. High-energy kickboxing can be a huge motivation for your workout schedule and even make you want to workout even more. This being said, it is a total body workout unlike any you’ve ever tried. Let’s take a look at some of the other benefits that come along with incorporating kickboxing into your workout schedule.
- Reduce Stress: Boxing has been shown to reduce stress along with feelings of anxiety, depression, and anger. Being able to put all your energy into this one exercise, and focusing on it can really help to take your mind off of other things as well.
- Boost Confidence: Kickboxing can help to boost your confidence by allowing you to take control of situations and focus.
- Improved Coordination: Improving your coordination occurs because when you are kickboxing, you are inherently improving your core muscles which helps a lot with coordination, as those muscles are the ones that keep you upright and balanced.
- Energy Boost: Working out releases endorphins, so therefore you will get an energy boost from a kickboxing class.
- Better Posture: As mentioned above, the core muscles are vastly improved over time when one goes to kickboxing. The core muscles are was affect posture, so by increasing the strength of these muscles, you will be able to better your posture.
- Burn Calories: Burning calories is always a plus! Kickboxing is one of the best exercises for burning calories and you can actually burn around 750 calories per hour just from this exercise.
- Self Defense: By learning kickboxing, you are also learning self-defense. All of the moves you learn in a class can be applied to real life.
- Improved Endurance: Since kickboxing is a heart-pumping cardio exercise, if you continue to do this exercise over a long period of time, you will improve your endurance.